- The school hours are from 09.30 am to 3.30 pm. All students should reach the school before 09.15 am.
- Those who do not wear full uniform will not be allowed to attend the class.
- Late comers will not be allowed to enter classes without the permission of the Principal.
- Strict silence should be observed during the class hours
- Personal cleanliness and tidiness is expected from all pupils. They should keep the school premises clean and avoid throwing papers or other kinds of wastes . The scribing or scratching of furniture or wall or doors and windows and the tendency to rest feet against the wall will not be allowed. Fine will be realised in such activities.
- Loitering about, playing violent games during intervals and in the morning, going near prohibited areas etc. are strictly forbidden.
- Pupils are not allowed to enter other classes without the permission of the teacher.
- Any damage done to school property, or personal properties of the pupil will be dealt seriously.
- Pupils should bring books according to the time table and should take care of their personal belongings.
- Pupils should respect their teachers. They should try their best to maintain discipline and decorum in the school.
- Valued answer scripts and progress reports should be shown to the parents and to be returned by the parents on the next day itself.
- All pupils should wear identity cards in school campus.
- While at the school or outside, pupils should be self disciplined, well behaved, obedient and courteous.
- Complaints, if any should be brought to the notice of the Principal.
- All pupil should bring their diary to school on all working days.
TIPS FOR EFFECTIVE STUDY
- Have a definite goal, prepare and follow a challenging but practicable time table, and stay focused.
- Excellence calls for regular systematic study and revision. Set apart the morning hours, preferably 4.30 am to 8.00 am for personal study.
- Association with ideal students is better than wasting time with the idlers. If you plan any discussion or group study, guard yourself against waste of time in idle talk.
- Cultivate the habit of noting down important points on reading or attending the class.
- The best way to study is to teach. Make use of all opportunities to teach whether it is helping your younger one with his/her lessons, clarifying a friend's doubt, making a short presentation to the class or addressing the school assembly.
- Never try to deceive yourself or others with the lame excuse that you did not get enough time to finish the work expected of you. You can finish a lot of work if you fix a target and resolve to reach it.
- Interact with teachers and asks for clarification or extra help if you need it.
- If you feel sleepy during your personal study, get up immediately, do some physical excercise for ten minutes or have a shower, and resume your studies.
- For improving your command of English, read at least one article published in an English newspaper every day. Learn the unfamiliar words with the help of a good dictionary and try to improve upon article. Equally useful is trying to translate an article in a Malayalam daily into English.
THE SCHOOL UNIFORM
To dress smartly and take pride in their appearance and to create uniformity between socio-economic classes within the campus, the school inisists dress code. Full uniform is compulsory on all days, both in the school campus and school bus(except certain special occasions). Pre KG children are free to wear colour dress of their choice.
Irregularity in attendance is considered a serious matter. Leave of absence of any reason other than illness requires the previous written request of the parent. Absence may be noted on the relevant pages in the diary. For long absence due to illness must have the backing of a reliable Medical Certificate issued by a competent doctor. 85% attendance is compulsory for promotion from all classes. No leave will be granted on days of tests and examinations except on medical grounds.
Good punctuality at school is essential for students to achieve their full educational potential. Being late to to school is a sign of indifference and indiscipline, as well as a disturbance to the whole class. Late comers will not be allowed to enter classes without permission of the Principal.
All students are required to speak only English at school and school bus.
TESTS AND EXAMINATIONS
Tests and examinations ought to be taken in the right spirit. In addition to help students in their preparation for more serious exams ahead, they are the means to measure their level of awareness and to monitor their progress.
There will be the following examinations during the academic year
- Class Tests(end of each lesson)
- Pre Midterm Examination
- Midterm Examination
- Post Midterm Examination
- Model Examination for Class X and XII
- Annual Examination
Practice question papers are given to students from Class I to XII before each examintions. At least two model examinations will be conducted for classes X and XII before the Board Examination.
The first five rank holders from each class will be provided encouraging compliments to boost up their academic excellence after pre mideterm, midterm and post midterm examinations.
- The library and reading room will remain open on all working days.
- The school library is a place for silent reading, not for any discussion or idle talk.
- All students of class V to XII may borrow books from the school library.
- Students may choose books of their own choice. They must be taken to the Librarian for checking out.
- Books in the reference section are not available for lending.
- Do not damage or disfigure a library book.
- Missing or damage of books will be penalized.
- Return all library books one week before the year end examination. No student will be allowed to sit for the final examination unless clearance is granted from the library.